After a smooth beta run, we’re happy to officially release MathJax v2.4.
MathJax v2.4 is available on the CDN, and for download from GitHub; see the documentation for details.
Version 2.4 is available on the CDN at
and starting today the files at the
address will be switched over the v2.4; it might take a few hours for the changes to propagate out to the distributed cloud servers.
During the time that the files are making their way out to the CDN’s servers, there may be a mixture of files in a browser cache, and so users may need to clear their cache and restart their browser in order to get a consistent version of the files.
If you are a page author and concerned about this, you can change (temporarily) to the
mathjax/2.4-latest URL instead of
mathjax/latest since that is a new address that will not have any cached older versions to worry about. You can switch back to
mathjax/latest in a few days when the new version has migrated to all the locations in the cloud.
See http://docs.mathjax.org/en/v2.4-latest/whats-new-2.4.html for details about the changes in v2.4. We anticipate a smooth upgrade from v2.3 to v2.4, but as always, let us know on the bug tracker if you experience problems with this new version of MathJax.
Thank you for your continued support.
The MathJax Team.
New in MathJax v2.4
MathJax v2.4 is primarily a bug fix release. Numerous display bugs, line-breaking problems, and interface issues have been resolved; for a detailed listing please check the the documentation. The following are some of the highlights.
Content Security Policy
- #256 Enable Content Security Policy compatibility.
- #240 prevent two identical uses of
\tagto cause identical element id.
- #814 add TeX/Asciimath as annotation-xml to MathML output.
- #617 add linebreaking support for
- #687 improve forced line breaking alignment.
- #707 fix ignored line breaks between two
- #391 fix linebreaking within fractions in SVG output.
- #423, #460, #749 Zoom improvements
- #470 fix AMScd rendering in native MathML output.
- #699 fix table column spacing in NativeMathML output on Firefox.
- #770 add support for dotted borders to SVG output.
- #367 prevent
- #377 improve
- #389 fix operating spacing in
- #477, #459 add
\textttmacros and enable
- #547 fix misalignment in nested fractions in HTML-CSS and SVG output.
- #624 fix AMScd on IE6–7.
- #632 fix
\Bignot accepting delimiters in braces
- #667 fix loop in
- #691 enable multiple
\labelin multiline environments like
- #739 fix
- #793 allow unmatched groups in
- #794 fix spacing for
- #353 add option for TeX-like
- #743 add
mmlSpacingoption and set to true.
- #747 fix processing error with invisible grouping.
- #561 implement
- #691, #692 improve Content MathML extension
- #328 remove
_moz-*-attributes and improve MathML processing in Firefox.
- #460 fix default value of
- #478 make
mfencedelement equivalent to its expanded form
- #578 fix quote attributes for
- #684 fix handling of double primes in superscripts.
- #576 improve font matching.
- #681 fix MathJax font test breaking responsive layout.
- #711 detect new webfonts when locally installed.
- #501 add workaround for broken Fedora STIX fonts configuration.
- #753 update locales from translatewiki.net; add Vietnamese, Asturia, Polish, Catalan, Czech, Kannada locales.
- #777 fix menu orientation for RTL languages.