The MathJax project was initiated in 2009 by Design Science, the American Mathematical Society (AMS) and the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) with the goal of creating a robust, easy-to-use, and universal solution for displaying high-quality mathematics online. From the beginning, MathJax was conceived as open-source software, on the principle that math display should be part of the common infrastructure of the web.
Providing a universal solution for online math display requires a long-term commitment. Our users need MathJax to be reliable and easy to use, now and in the future. This requires a continuous and coordinated rapid response to browser updates and bugs, keeping up with the proliferation of tablets, smartphones, and ebook readers, and a consistent approach towards new functionality and performance improvements. All of this is important to the community, and requires dedicated time, effort and money.
Our founding sponsors have been very generous in providing funding. However, as more and more individuals and organizations are using MathJax and its benefit to the community is growing, it is time to broaden its base of support. To this end, we are reaching out to the community and asking organizations to contribute to the MathJax project by becoming a Friend, Supporter, or Partner.
Please feel free to contact us for any further information about the sponsorship program.
By becoming a MathJax Friend, organizations show the community that they support the goal of easy-to-use, high-quality mathematics display on the web for everyone, and are contributing in a very concrete way to help MathJax realize that goal. MathJax Friends will be listed on the MathJax Sponsors page.
Summary of Benefits:
- A name (with link) on the MathJax Sponsors page.
- Use of the term “MathJax Friend” in corporate communications.
MathJax Supporters make an important contribution to the project and demonstrate their commitment to a durable math display solution for the web. Upon joining, Supporters receive exposure on the MathJax website, Facebook page and Twitter feed. This will alert their users to their interest in using the best math display technology to enhance their online viewing experience, and displays their support for a project benefitting the entire math, science, and education community.
Supporters also receive informative quarterly reports giving insight into project timelines, development plans, and upcoming activities. These reports enable to better plan their use of MathJax to take full advantage of MathJax resources to benefit their users.
Summary of Benefits (in addition to Friend benefits):
- Quarterly reports summarizing timelines, development plans and upcoming project activities.
- Prominent, exclusive announcement in the News section on the MathJax homepage, a Twitter post and Facebook update upon joining.
- A small logo (with link) on the MathJax Sponsors page.
- Use of the term “MathJax Supporter” and MathJax Supporter Badge in corporate communications.
$5,000+ (for-profit) / 3,000+ (not-for-profit)
MathJax Partners are a driving force behind the project. They are discussion partners in determining the long-term direction of the project, and through exclusive benefits, we seek to ensure that Partners can offer their readers the highest quality math display and user experience.
Partners receive priority support and consideration for enhancements through a dedicated technical contact. This technical contact will work to ensure that issues receive prompt attention and receive a timely resolution. The contact will also meet with Partners to understand their requirements, serve as a liaison to the technical team, and work with Partners to be sure their requirements are being addressed to the extent possible within resource and technology constraints.
Summary of Benefits (in addition to Supporter benefits):
- Quarterly reports on the financial condition and budget forecasts for the project.
- A dedicated technical contact to develop a personalized technical relationship, who will:
- Coordinate priority response to technical issues and feature requests;
- Work with Partners to understand and advise about technical requirements;
- Organize one-on-one meetings, technical webinars and Q and A sessions with technical staff as needed.
- A press release (optionally joint) upon joining.
- A large logo (with link) and paragraph on the MathJax Sponsors page.
- Use of the term “MathJax Partner” and MathJax Partner Badge in corporate communications.
For individuals and organization who would like to support MathJax, but aren’t able to become an official sponsor at this time, individual donations are also accepted in any amount via the Donate button on the mathjax.org web site (to appear soon).